At this point our dining has 2 openings, there are a couple of spots left in the front closer to the door, and we can book spots at the bar with the prix fixe menu. Please look at the details below and give us a call if you're interested in booking. Otherwise we are leaving the front counter and the bar open for walk-ins.
It's that time of the year again as we gear up for Cupid to work his magic. If you are interested in booking with us, please consider the following...
- You can choose from one of 2 seatings, come early at 6:00, 6:30, 7:00 and have the table for 2 hours, or come later after 8:15 and stay as long as you like.
- The Prix Fixe menu offers a choice of appetizer, main course, and dessert while we throw in amuse-bouche, palette cleanser, and a sweet treat. This will be $75 per person not including beverages.
- Please inform us of any allergies, dietary needs or preferences in advance.
- To book, call 416 929 4900 and leave us your phone number and email address.
- Confirm and finalize your reservation with a credit card number. We are no longer that innocent ma-and-pa place that will sit half empty while we turn away hundreds of disappointed lovebirds. We find this is the best way to separate the truly dedicated from the fickle of heart. It's like buying tickets for a show.
- Take a step back in time with us, on this evening dedicated to romance, we have a NO CELL PHONE rule. Engage your dining companion, your food and your server in the absence of glowing screens. No cheating, we mean it!
- Walk-ins will be welcome at the bar and on the front counter, you can choose from our regular à la carte menu. For a guaranteed spot at the bar, you must get our Valentine's Prix Fixe.
We look forward to seeing you!
As you may have already heard, the lease is up at our original location and we will be closing our doors there later this month. Fortunately you will still be able to enjoy our great food and drink, with the same service you have come to expect, in our fabulous new digs.
In the 10 years we have been in Kensington our following has grown along with us. We have seen first dates blossom into romance, wedding proposals followed up with babies. We have watched students struggle and celebrate their victories with us. The conviviality of great conversations over clinking glasses has deepened old friendships while forging new ones alike. All the while, we honed our abilities to bring you better and better fare delivered with care and pride.
Without ever advertising, La Palette gained recognition through word of mouth and great reviews. We continually participated in food events and supported charitable organizations. As part of our commitment to culture in our city and our neighbourhood, we grew beyond our doors and gave back to the world with the creation of the much loved Pedestrian Sundays – monthly carfree days that will live beyond our departure.
Now in our new space on Queens Street, we hope to continue delivering what we always have and more… here, we have a similar cosy dining room, but with a gorgeous open kitchen, a long bar, and a little café area too. We will open lunches soon and will stay open later and later.
Check back for details around special nights in our closing weeks – November 21st is the last day! Come visit the new place too if you haven't already. Look forward to seeing you soon,
Le gang at la palette.
After 10 years in Kensington Market, we have opened a second location on Queen Street West!
Stay tuned for updated details on the website - in the meantime, come visit us at 492 Queen Street West - Open Every day at 5 PM 'til as late as it goes and Saturday, Sunday for Brunch from 11 AM 'til 4PM...
Reservations are recommended for groups of 5 or more, otherwise, just come on down...
Our original location at 256 Augusta is not going anywhere so don't panic! And call if you're coming on the weekend...
See you soon
La Palette is a cosy, authentic French bistro in Kensington Market, the most culturally vibrant neighbourhood of Toronto. With great word of mouth and critical acclaim we have come to enjoy a reputation as one of the best restaurants this city and Canada has to offer.
We uphold classic traditions of French Cuisine making all of our food from scratch while sourcing fresh, mostly local, artisenal produce. The seafood and vegetarian options continuously bring regulars back, but we are known for the meat that we serve - the best Duck Confit in town, positively addictive Black Angus Steak/frites, great Canadian game like Bison and Caribou, and even Toronto's first Horse steak!
It is a good idea to book in advance if you are coming for sure, particularly on the weekend or in groups of more than 5. We usually find room for walk-ins, especially with 4 or less people on weekdays, and also have a small bar and patio.
Although we have menus and specials posted here, they might not always be accurate...alas, our work is in the kitchen and dining room, not in front of a computer.
If you have any questions about catering or private functions, or would like to make a reservation, please call 416 929 4900
We look forward to seeing you.